Article Of Agreement Shipping

In accordance with the MS Act 1958, the master of any Indian ship, with the exception of a domestic trading vessel of less than 200 TJR, enters into an agreement with any seafarer employed and carries at sea as a member of his crew. Marine products developed under the Law Merchant (Lex mercatoria). Early merchant ships were often cooperative efforts to have the crew or certain members contribute to the initial cost of the ship, cargo and operation; and payment was made at the end of the trip in shares. Thus, all members of a crew were considered participants in the company, even if they only contributed to the work. [10] This has been widely recognized under the legal concept of a “community of common hands” (comunidad in mano in Spanish) in German. After the first three original copies have been taken on board the ship, two original copies are kept by the employer/employer representative. The 4th and 5th. The original copies would not be signed by the master or by sailors on board the ship. The 4th original is kept by the employer/employer representative. The last one, i.e.

the 5th original copy, is transmitted by the employer/employer`s representative at the earliest and, in any case, no later than 48 hours after the signing of the contract, ashore in India, in the office of the employer/employer`s representative, to the relevant Shipping Master for registration. The agreement must take into account the pre-allocation requirement and other provisions that are not contrary to the law. The master shall make available to the crew members a copy of the agreement. Any modification of a crew contract is only valid if it is made with the agreement of all parties concerned and must be approved by the Chief of Navigation in India or by an Indian consular officer outside India. Through a Congressional Act of 1790, Articles of Agreement was a document required of any ship going to a foreign port and for any ship of 50 tons or more connected to each national port, with the exception of a ship located in a neighboring state. . . .